Welcome to my blog! This is the first post of what I hope will be many posts on topics including projects that I complete for and in addition to course work, experiences in the field, and ideas and tips that I find along the way.
This blog was developed to chronicle my own experiences and projects and to highlight the ideas and experiences of fellow elementary teachers and pre-service teachers. My hope is to create a resource for myself and others in the field.
Here are some of the topics that I would like to include:
- Thrifty solutions for the classroom (sources for inexpensive teaching tools and materials, tutorials for making these items if applicable)
- Mentor text ideas (books that are perfect for teaching concepts and literary elements)
- Literature connections to mathematics (a list of books related to different math concepts)
- Article summaries and discussions (summaries of teaching articles, reactions, and real-life application)
- Anecdotes of experience (What I have witnessed as being successful for teachers in the field)
Stay tuned for the first “thrifty teaching” post – coming soon!